What is Prosperity?
The root of the word ‘prosperity’ dates back to the early 13th century from the Old French prosperite (c. 1140) from Latin prosperitatem (n) meaning “good fortune.”
Webster’s dictionary describes it as “the condition of being successful or thriving especially economic wellbeing.” It defines the verb ‘to prosper’ as “to succeed in an enterprise or activity, especially to achieve economic success” and “to become strong and flourishing.”
So, no, it’s not all about money!
But money is a part of prosperity because a prosperity consciousness is about seeking abundance and peace and having a negative (or superior) attitude towards financial matters and wealthy people is counter-productive.
Pure Prosperity is about re-training your mind to attract abundance to you—whether it’s financial, emotional or physical. It’s a perfectly simple process but, to start with, it takes about as much willpower as a diet. You have to wean yourself off old habits of negative thoughts.
However, quite unlike a diet, it gets easier and more joyful with every day that passes.
A quick example of how the mind works comes from what I call ‘Red Citroën Syndrome’. An ex of mine used to see red Citroëns everywhere once he had met me. That was because, at that time I was driving a red Citroën and his subconscious was looking for me. There were no more red Citroëns than there ever had been.
This world is filled to the brim with abundance. There is more than enough money around for every single person on the planet to be a millionaire. The only reason that anyone in the Western world is living in lack is because their minds have been trained to look for and expect lack. If you spend all your time looking at and reading about sadness, conflict and pain, that is what you are inviting into your life. Tough but true.
It stems from the greatest law of this universe, the Law of Attraction, also known as Karma or Isaac Newton’s third Law of Motion: ‘For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.’ In a nutshell, What you put out you get back.
The Law of Attraction works for everyone all the time whether we are conscious of it or not and whether we believe in it or not. Whatever we think, say or do comes back to us. Idle words are just as powerful as conscious affirmations.
If you’ve ever wondered why North America is such a prosperous continent, it might be worth considering the fact that whatever else they do, the North Americans have an annual day for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is a very powerful prosperity tool—done consciously or not.
The US Dollar, the most powerful currency in the world, has the phrase ‘In God We Trust’ written on it. The founders of the USA were all people of esoteric knowledge and faith and they knew that if you brought spirit into finance, you would prosper.
If they can do so much with such simple things, just imagine what you can do to make your life happier, more prosperous and filled with love.
If you have any problem at all over prosperity then it’s important to identify where the issue lies. Here’s a list of subconscious feelings that will block financial abundance.
If it’s any help, I’ve had to deal with every single one of the items in this list myself—which is why I teach this stuff. You are not alone, and every one of these issues can be healed.
- Are you afraid of money?
- Are you afraid of God?
- Do you hate God? (both these questions are equally valid for atheists!)
- Are your bills too high for your income?
- Do you find people want your help but aren’t willing to pay you for it?
- Do you resent people in the same line of work as you who are doing better?
- Do you get fearful when the post arrives in case there’s a demand for money?
- Do you leave bills and bank statements unopened?
- Do you believe that Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed and other spiritual teachers were poor?
- Do you think you would lose credibility with clients if you were rich?
- Do you tell people that purchases you’ve made were cheaper than they really were?
- Are you afraid of trying anything new in case you fail?
- Are you afraid of trying anything new in case you succeed?
- Do you envy other people who are rich?
- Do you bitch about rich and famous people or enjoy reading knocking gossip about them?
- Do you want to punish your parents by not being prosperous?
- Are you afraid of offending your parents by doing better than they did?
- Do you constantly help other people but find they are never there when you need help?
- When you do get a financial windfall do you find something breaks or a bill comes in to take it away almost at once?
You may need to ponder long and hard on these—but if you have even two or three of the issues listed above, you are very likely blocking some of your financial, emotional and mental prosperity. Just bringing the problems into consciousness is very powerful. Know yourself and the healing process has begun.
Check out Affirmations
Use Bach (or other) Flower Remedies to release emotional blocks; useful ones include:
- Holly for envy and hatred
- Willow for resentment
- Pine for guilt
- Elm for taking too much on yourself.
- Chestnut Bud for when you think you’re making the same error over and over again
- Cherry Plum for panic
- Mimulus for general fear over money issues
- Gentian for discouragement
- Wild Oat if you don’t know in which direction to go.
- Impatiens when you want it all to happen now.
The remedies are all available at your local health store and there are plenty of internet sites which will tell you more. Four drops four times a day for a week should have a significant result.