I’ve written my story further down the page, but here’s the ‘selling Maggy’s services bit’ first.
I am a writer and communicator who has informed and entertained people for more than 35 years through writing, radio and television. Nowadays I blog as well as writing articles for magazines and newspapers and I can do any or all of the following services. If any of them might serve you please let me know.
- Writing work on any subject—especially on my great loves: travel, food and spirituality. As a former BBC journalist and presenter I am used to writing swiftly and accurately and, as a comedian, I can also add a light touch that so often helps the message to get across. I love to write and I’m sure that if ever I were shipwrecked I’d simply write another book in the sand while I waited for rescue. I have written for the UK’s Daily Telegraph and Independent newspapers as well as for many UK and US magazines and periodicals. Check out my blog for examples of my work.
- Comedy gigs—after dinner talks, events, showcases etc. I do swear… I do extract the michael from religion, spirituality and the New Age. And I’m very funny. Took my show THE MAGGY WHiTEHOUSE EXPERiENCE to Edinburgh in August 2014 and it went down a storm (even though most of the audience couldn’t remember the TV show with the similar name, let alone the real Mary Whitehouse). Watch my comedy debut here.
- Radio or television presentation or expert work on religion, interfaith, spirituality, the lives of women in the time of Jesus and in the Hebrew Testament and prosperity teachings in the Bible. My latest TV venture is as a Bible Expert in the upcoming BBC4 series Secrets of the Bible. I’m an experienced BBC and Independent Television documentaries presenter and writer.
- Spiritual mentoring, which means working with the soul to bring peace of mind and happiness to your life. Without those, you’re not a lot of good in helping other people find peace and happiness so working on yourself is the least selfish thing you can do.
- Astrological consultations—both individual and corporate—for understanding both yours and your company’s cosmic blueprint and purpose. You have Free Will but the secret is knowing what in your make-up supports and what opposes that.
- Talks, seminars and workshops on Sacred Masculine and Divine Feminine, Kabbalah, Women of the Bible, the Mystical Teachings of Jesus at your centre or church. I am very happy to travel all over the world.
- Sacred Ritual—I both write and facilitate unique, individually crafted ceremonies and services for anyone who needs one whether it’s a marriage, a baby-naming, a sacred divorce ceremony or a funeral.
The Story So Far… I was an armchair Christian (cf. St. Augustine’s ‘God grant me chastity, constancy and patience—but not yet!’) until my first husband Henry died. We had been married for just one year and the hospital chaplain told me that he couldn’t go to heaven as he didn’t believe in Jesus Christ. That just wasn’t fair—Henry was a better man than I (I’d been a bit crazy in my time) so I threw Jesus out of the window and turned to complementary medicine and holistic health. I also went a bit off the wall but you do when you’re widowed young. I’d lost my career as well—I was a successful journalist who had become a TV documentaries expert on China. The Chinese protests of Tiananmen Square in 1989 had ended my work out there. It was a pretty bad time, frankly; but you’ve probably had The Cosmic Wake Up Call yourself so you will relate. I knew I wanted to live—a terrifying experience with a barracuda off the Barrier Reef in Australia showed me that, at least. It also showed me that I had a direct link with God who showed up in my head and told me how to escape. It wasn’t Jesus, obviously—I wasn’t having any truck with that! But Jesus wouldn’t go… despite my travels into healing (Healing Trust and Reiki), Buddhism, Shamanism etc. he (and God) kept on turning up and getting in the way.
Then I discovered Kabbalah. Not the Kabbalah Center—she adds hastily—this sort had no red strings attached… this was the ancient Judaic mysticism that Jesus learnt at his mother’s knee; that he discussed in the Synagogue and he taught in his ministry. It explained that phrase ‘I am the way, the truth and the light’ which had been hurting me so much… and it became the way for me (and my mate Jesus). I studied for 18 years with a very wise man called Z’ev ben Shimon Halevi and his teaching gave a practical non-fluffy Taurean a structure to work with—a skeleton to hang everything on—and I mean everything. It’s the Enneagram; it’s the spaces between the words in the Bible; it’s astrology; it’s the sacred magic of the angels and it’s the basis for all the wonderful, successful and fulfilling Soul Wisdom work that I study and teach, including The Spiritual Laws of Prosperity. You can talk to me about it all on my Facebook page. On the journey I became:
* The first person in the world to bring a dog from the USA to England on Passports for Pets.
* Happily married to my lovely Lion.
* The author of seventeen published books (pretty well all of which have the Jesus guy in them—as a mentor, friend and supporter). These include: The Book of Deborah, a novel about what it would have been like to have been Jesus’s cousin (oh, and Judas’s wife): The Marriage of Jesus which is about the historical likelihood of his being married at 16 and widowed by 30: The Miracle Man; Imagine Christ came today as a judge on the brand new US version of The X Factor: From Credit Crunch to Pure Prosperity, a practical spiritual book on how to earn decent money and live abundantly whatever your line of work: Living Kabbalah, Total Kabbalah, The Illustrated History of Kabbalah and Kabbalah Made Easy. All easy-to-understand practical guides.
* An expert on interpreting ancient Kabbalah (including Biblical Kabbalah) in easy and accessible terms for the modern world.
* An expert on Bible metaphysics i.e. how to read this incredible book on four levels including the mystical and metaphysical and make sense of it in your own life.
* An expert on the lives of women in Biblical times including Mary Magdalene and the Old Testament Matriarchs and Heroines.
* I regularly teach Kabbalah in the Masonic Lodges in Washington DC.
* I use Kabbalah to help define the Biblical teachings on prosperity to help people recover from the belief that wealth is somehow wrong for the spiritual. This is a fabulously abundant world and it is our right and our spiritual duty to experience, enjoy and teach on the wonders of a prosperous life.
* A stand-up comedian. Yes that does seem rather at odds with the rest, but it’s my latest calling and I love it. Time, perhaps, to laugh about the sacred cows of religion that stop us making direct contact with the Divine.
Lion and I live in a lovely home in rural Devon with Biggle Wiggle and Thunderfeet MegaBeagle (Mrs). I used to be a BBC and independent radio presenter (the second female breakfast presenter in the UK in 1981) and a BBC and ITV TV producer. In 2000 I became webmaster on a BBC site called 360 which was about the environment and spirituality. During the last Iraq conflict I was host-moderator on the BBC Religion and Ethics notice boards which was an enlightening experience to say the least! I was also blessed to be working at the BBC World Service on the night of 9/11—the chance to offer service comes in many unexpected places. Thank you for reading all the way.